Shipping & Returns
Kay Lighting- Shipping Policy
Orders of $75 and more:
You pay no shipping fees (UPS Ground) to anywhere in the continental United States.
*There are a few exceptions, though:
- Special order, oversized and heavy items may need to be shipped by freight, and a freight shipping surcharge may be applied. This surcharge will be shown on the product detail page.
- Also, some manufacturers require that we add a shipping surcharge to their products. When this is the case, you will see the shipping or freight charge listed on the product page.
Orders less than $75:
Orders that do not meet the $75 threshold are charged a $9.99 flat rate shipping fee.
There are a few exceptions, though:
Hawaii, Alaska & Puerto Rico
If you are shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico, the actual shipping charge (which at minimum is $24) will be calculated during checkout and is based on the order total.
When Will My Order Ship?
We commit to giving you as much information as possible every step of the way during your order process and while you wait for your order to arrive.
- Each product has a general availability message on our website
- After your order has been placed on our website, or over the phone, our Customer Service team will send you an email confirming the expected ship date within 24-48 hours.
- When your order ships, you will receive an email from us with specific carrier and tracking information.
How Will My Order Ship And How Long Will It Take To Get To Me?
We will ship your order the fastest, most reliable way possible to ensure your purchase arrives ready for you to enjoy. Each item on our site has pre-determined shipping methods based on the specific characteristics of the product.
- Small parcel items ship via UPS and generally take 1-10 business days to arrive. *Please note: The vast majority of our items ship with no signature required, but this is always done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Larger freight items ship via truck with curbside service and generally take 1-2 weeks to arrive. *With this self-service delivery option, the truck driver will pull up to the curb in front of your home or building, and you'll need to move the goods inside your home once the driver has unloaded the items from the truck. If you live in an apartment or think you'll need assistance getting your order into your home, be sure to arrange friends or family-members support.
- At this time, Kay Lighting does not offer fixture installation.
Kay Lighting- Return Policy
We want you to love your purchase. For most products on our website, if you don't like it, you may return it within 30 days for a refund (in new, uninstalled condition and original packaging). Contact our Customer Service Team at 800-888-9119 to initiate a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Once your return request has been authorized you will be sent shipping labels by email. Simply print, attach to the box and drop off at your local UPS store. If you prefer to use your own shipping account please provide us with the tracking number.
- Return authorizations expire 10 days after they are issued so please initiate shipment within this timeframe.
- Your refund credit will be issued after the item has been returned and inspected.
- The cost of the return shipping will be deducted from the credit amount. In other words, you are responsible for the return shipping cost of any item you return.
- Any expedited shipping charges you paid on the original order are non-refundable.
- Items marked "Non-returnable" may not be cancelled or returned.
- Custom or Made-to-Order items, imported items, and certain large volume orders are also non-cancellable and non-returnable.
EXCEPTIONS - We cannot accept returns of:
- Products that have been clearly identified as non-returnable on the Product Detail Page
- Products that have been installed or assembled
- Products that are not in the original condition and packaging
- Products with unwrapped crystals
- Products that are Made-to-Order, Custom or Special Order to your specifications
- Light Bulbs
- Large quantities of the same product (6 or more)
- Clearance merchandise
Before ordering large quantities or special order or custom products we encourage you to contact our customer service team.
Note that a request to return items totaling more than $5,000 may incur restocking fees. We reserve the right to apply refunds in the form of a store credit in certain circumstances.
Unfortunately, fragile items are sometimes damaged in shipping. We also understand the need to pre-order and plan for your design needs. As part of that process, we ask that you inspect all items individually once they arrive so that any damage claims can be made immediately. If your item arrives damaged or with parts missing, you must notify us within 3 days of receipt of the item(s). We will arrange a prompt replacement of the item. We will also request that you provide photos of any damaged product, along with the product packaging. Please contact our Customer Service Team and we will be happy to replace the item or send replacement parts as soon as possible. In some instances it is possible to repair damages and/or defects with replacement parts. When this is the case, we reserve the right to utilize this as a solution.
Please keep in mind that defective goods (those with factory defects, missing parts or other problems originating prior to shipment) are handled differently than damaged goods (which are damaged in shipping). We work closely with our suppliers to ensure that quality production and inspection procedures are in place, but sometimes defects do occur. We work with you to resolve these issues, but you must report any product defect within 30 days of receiving your order.
Most of our manufacturers guarantee their products with a warranty. Please contact us if you have questions regarding specific product warranties.